Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Explanation

I have really been feeling in a rut with my photography these past few weeks.  I have felt really uninspired by myself and the ideas that I've been generating.  So instead of staying in that rut, I decided to try something totally different.

I have been reading a lot about Photoshop "actions" lately.  Basically it is something you can buy and download that does all the edits for certain things with one push of a button.  Luckily there are lots of freebies out there so you can try them out before buying them.

I don't know how I feel about some of these edits.  There is definitely a trendy look circulating that I'm not sure I love.  On some pictures they make the pictures look fake, but on others I really like it.  I would love to hear some thoughts if you've used these before.

So enjoy the next 8 days with before and after shots to show what the actions do!
Go here for the freebies I downloaded!

1 comment:

ann white said...

Hey Trisha! Anarie and I are taking Brooke's Lifestyle class right now. One of our #1 questions was about editing. I'd always kind of thought that editing was kind of bad. We asked her about it and she told us that 99% of what we see out there on pro's sites and blogs is edited. She said that when you shoot in raw the pictures come out flatter and need to be edited. She showed us what she usually does. I feel a lot better about editing things now. I have been shooting raw while in her class and have been editing everything. It's good practice. I don't think I'll always shoot in raw though because I don't like HAVING to edit everything! Anyways...good job on the fun editing! keep up the good work! :) ann